Saturday, April 21, 2012

Changes coming.......

....after much deliberation with top level brass here at Visenka, the decision has been made to turn back the clock a bit and make some much needed bike changes. Part one of the change is made. Off are all those damn shifty bits on the Epic. This streamlined the bike which was welcomed, and brought the overall weight down to 24+ lbs. She rode well(even with the brain being non-functional on the rear shock). I still wasn't feeling it like I used to on Le Niner......Then I found this beauty....
That's right, after all thoughts I had about getting a custom frame made, I've pulled the trigger on this sassy little thing. Oh, but just try to get one though...... it's only available in the Australian market, but I found a shop in LA that had 1 19" and it's got my name on it.....almost. The shop has an agreement with "S" not to sell out of their market, so I called and paid for it and I have someone I know in the area picking it up Monday for me and shipping it out.As a good friend of mine likes to say....muuuuaaahhhhhhhahahahaha! So in a wierd way I get my one off Carve Pro 29 SS and none of you chumps, and I say it with all due respect, none of you chumps can get it! I've also got some cool things I've been involved in with some new friends I've met. There's this rippin' little dude out in Cali that's racing BMX the proper way named Cole Gradek( and his dad Bruce) I've been fortunate enough to meet and give some pointers to. He's 10 and already making some major waves on the scene. He's recently been assigned to the Doublecross Developement team that will give him some great eposure and experience as he flies to the next level. Cole is already killing it, recently winning the Redline qualifier and Cali. state qulaifier down in LA while on spring break. Now that's the way to spend spring break Cole! All of us here at Visenka headquarters are rooting you on. Keep up the great work.
There's also a young lady that had come across this fine blog and contacted me about a diet and fitness website/app. she and some friends were working on. Her name is Christine Chiu and the website is slimkicker.com. It's something they have been working on for some time, so go over and check it out. From what I've seen, there are some great ideas to stay motivated while dieting and/or excercising, and good resources to refer to when your hitting the wall with that diet that just may not be working like it used to. Let's face it, all of us get to a point where we need a little help to get over the hump in our current fitness plan, and Slimkicker may just do the trick! Good luck Christine. Team Visenka will try and push all of it's slacker friends your way so they too can someday pull on the Visenka colors(while on the poduim, of course)!

2 comments:

Burnsey said...

BOOOYAAAAAH! That frame is sweet! I'm psyched for ya Bro!

Eduardo Arguelles said...

NICE!!!