Monday, May 11, 2009

It could be worse...

.....just when I start feeling sorry for myself having to ride in our lovely South Tex wind, you get news like that from last weekends Dirt,Sweat and Gears 12hr in TN. A lot of the guys from Cohutta were there, this time pushing their bikes for 12 hrs instead of riding them. Looks like what would happen if we tried to ride our trails when it rains. Just check out those pics! I'll take the wind any day instead of that mess.
2 great days of training put in on Sat/Sun. Mike and Glenn were along for both. Riding in the dark Sat. with just the funnel of light guiding me was a unique experience. Changing the routine up a bit was refreshing.
4hrs on the mtb yesterday had a new twist as well. Glenn showed a whole new route down to MT, with full on "little Mexico" areas I had no idea were there. Once we got to the trails, we split up and did our own pace.
Ran into Kyle as I departed for the hour ride back home.......Kyle ridin the new rig, a shiny new Trek 9.9 SSL. Super nice rig, I think he'll be more than happy with it.

1 comment:

IronGambit said...

When did Jeremiah switch to Cannondale?
Also, if they were running with their Mountain Bikes, that's a race I'd finally have a chance in!